This article is dedicated to Ronak, for her ideas and useful suggestions.
Okay so it all started, precisely around 12, when i was on Facebook chatting to Ronak, a friend, and I was asking her about an idea to write about on our blog. Then, she suggests that i write something about being grounded. So i hop on to google, excited, and type it in and it came up with the lamest stuff that anyone can say in the matter of being grounded. Google is infested with too many adults in my opinion. Come on, we should have a little fun once in a while and post up something fun on the net! Anyway, back to the main subject…so she tells me (this friend) that she was grounded for sneaking out to the city as an act of revenge for being banned to go to the 30 Seconds to Mars concert. So, all in all, I was hopping on my feet to write something about teenagers and our truly eccentric ways. So i went on Google (grudgingly this time) and searched for CRAZY THINGS TEENAGERS DO!! This time i found some interesting info…
1) “my baby boy smokes pot and is a little player, has gotten in trouble and is a smart alec. But he gets straight A’s and is going to one of the top universities at 16. So he is allowed to be a bit rebellious.” —LOL
2) “I wandered around a local supermarket feigning a british accent and pretended to “survey” all the hot young guys there about the qualities they found attractive in a woman. I still have the list to this day lol”
3) “stole watermelons from a fruit farm and went to town and threw them out of the back of a pick-up so our friends could play brake and slide behind us”
4) “I was dared to eat some dog crap…and lets just say I wasn’t feeling good for a couple of weeks after that incident.”
5) “I procrastinate til like 2 AM when I have such little homework”
6) “Egged cars in the winter (frozen on egg eats paint >:)~ )
Scared kids while trick or treating so bad, they drop their candy…free candy for me!
Sr. Year HS – we put over 50 construction horses on the front lawn of school and surrounded them with every real estate sign we could grab…talk about a horse corral
Ran around with squirt guns full of lighter fluid and squirted lit jack-o-lanterns!”
7) “I tipped over a porta potty. I also stole a piece of gum… OH yeah, I’M SOOO BAD.”
All credits to Yahoo Answers and it’s writers for all that info.
I was looking through for more crazy things teens do. Unfortunately I didn’t find anything interesting but i did find an article about the facts and figures surrounding this rebellion problem we face. The technicality of the article amused me…
Compared to adults, teens take about 170 milliseconds more weighing the pros and cons of engaging in high-risk behavior, the researchers conclude. Adults scarcely think about risk, perhaps because they think they recognize risk intuitively. Teens, on the other hand, take time to mull the risk vs. benefit equation.
“In other words, more experienced decision-makers tend to rely more on fuzzy reasoning, processing situations and problems as gists [the essence of their actions] rather than weighing multiple factors,” Reyna said.
Teens often decide that the benefits of risky behavior immediate gratification or peer acceptance—outweigh the risks, Reyna said. She figures its better to teach teens some “gist-based” thinking skills, such as putting risks into general categories rather than lecturing with specific data and details.
All credits to livescience.com for the info.